After a short trial, we are now updating the way we service our customers during the current pandemic.
Referral Scheme Terms & Conditions.
- We are inviting our existing trade customers who have credit accounts with us (“Account Holders”) to participate in our referral scheme in accordance with these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
- Under our referral scheme, we will provide Account Holders with 5% referral discount cards (“Discount Cards”) to issue to their consumer clients (“Clients”) which their Clients can use when making certain qualifying purchases as explained in paragraph 5 below. If a Client makes a qualifying purchase, the Account Holder will be entitled to a credit as explained in paragraph 9 below, subject to these Terms (“Referral Scheme”).
- The Referral Scheme will run from 1st April 2019 until 31st December 2019 (inclusive), unless we notify you otherwise in writing.
- Only Account Holders can issue Discount Cards. Discount Cards may not be issued to trade customers.
- A “Qualifying Purchase” is the cash purchase of Qualifying Products at 123 Old Nottingham Road, Derby, Derbyshire, DE1 3QQ by a Client using a Discount Card the Account Holder’s business’ name.
- “Qualifying Products” are such bathroom and/or landscaping products as we may specify from time to time.
- We reserve the right to amend the Qualifying Products at any time at our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to void Referral Credits in the event a Client returns the Qualifying Products that created such Referral Credits and either receives a refund, or exchanges the Qualifying Products for non- Qualifying Products.
- A “Referral Credit” is a credit equivalent to 5% of the actual price paid under for the Qualifying Products (excluding all other costs or charges payable, such as VAT or delivery) to be issued to the Account Holder via credit note applied in accordance with paragraph 10 below.
- Referral Credits shall be applied against the Account Holder’s account at the end of the month following the month in which the relevant Qualifying Purchase is made.
- We will only apply a Referral Credit to the Account Holder’s account if the Account Holder owes us money under its account with us. If the Account Holder does not owe us any money on the date we seek to apply the Referral Credits in accordance with paragraph 10 above, the Referral Credits will automatically expire.
- Referral Credits shall be limited to the amount the Account Holder owes us at the date we apply the Referral Credits as set out in paragraph 10 above, such that Referral Credits cannot be applied to generate a debt payable by us to Account Holders. By way of example, if an Account Holder’s account shows a debit balance of £100 and their Client makes a Qualifying Purchase for £5,000, the Account Holder’s Referral Credit shall be limited to £100 (and not £250).
- All Referral Credits shall automatically expire if the Account Holder’s account with us gets closed for any reason and the Account Holder shall not be entitled to any alternative referral credit, bonus, cash or cash- alternative.
- Referral Credits are not negotiable, transferable or exchangeable. The expiry or cancellation any Referral Credits shall not entitle the Account Holder to any alternative credit, bonus, cash or cash-alternative.
- In these Terms, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Browns Builders Merchants Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 02478452 whose registered office is at 123 Old Nottingham Road, Derby, Derbyshire, DE1 3QQ.
- A Client may only use one Discount Card per purchase.
- Discount Cards are and shall remain our property notwithstanding their issue to Account Holders or Clients.
- The Referral Scheme cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- We may, at our sole discretion exclude Account Holders from participating in the Referral Scheme if there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms, or an Account Holder’s conduct has been contrary to the spirit or intention of the Referral Scheme.
- We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Referral Scheme where it becomes necessary to do so.
- If we do not immediately exercise any of our rights under these Terms, that will not prevent us taking steps to enforce such rights at a later date.
- No variation of these Terms shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by us.
- These Terms shall be governed by English law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Our standard terms and conditions also apply to this Referral Scheme and can be accessed at http://www.brownsbm.co.uk.